2000 and Succeeding Crop Years
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20250
FEDERAL CROP INSURANCE HANDBOOK
NUMBER: 25080 (07-1998)
DATE: June 5, 2000
CORN LOSS ADJUSTMENT
2000 AND SUCCEEDING CROP YEARS
OPI: Product Development Division
THIS HANDBOOK CONTAINS THE OFFICIAL FCIC-APPROVED LOSS ADJUSTMENT
STANDARDS FOR THIS CROP FOR THE 2000 AND SUCCEEDING CROP YEARS. IN
THE ABSENCE OF INDUSTRY-DEVELOPED, FCIC-APPROVED PROCEDURE FOR THIS
CROP FOR 2000 AND SUCCEEDING CROP YEARS, ALL REINSURED COMPANIES
WILL UTILIZE THESE STANDARDS FOR BOTH LOSS ADJUSTMENT AND LOSS
SUMMARY OF CHANGES/CONTROL CHART
Major Changes: See changes or additions in text which have been redlined. Three stars (***) identify
information that has been removed.
Changes for Crop Year 2000 (FCIC-25080-1) issued June 2000:
(1) Changed the instructions to measure row width in section 13, to using four or more
(2) Changed text in section 13 for the adjuster to take not less than the “required” minimum
number of representative samples in lieu of “recommended”.
(3) Deleted references in section 21 to Posted County Price in the narrative and substituted
Local Market Price. The Local Market Price is defined in the crop provisions.
(4) Deleted text in section 21 that referenced the combination of using Reduction in Value
(RIV) with pre-established discount factors (item R).
(5) Added a note in section 21, item 16 and item S, to provide for instructions when separate line
entries are made on the claim form.
CORN LOSS ADJUSTMENT STANDARDS HANDBOOK
SUMMARY OF CHANGES/CONTROL CHART (con’t)
CONTROL CHART FOR: CORN LOSS ADJUSTMENT STANDARDS HANDBOOK