Advanced Customer Service Toolkit Permissions
The following instructions are for the additional functions the “advanced” Toolkit
Permissions allow. Those include, Rename a Customer Folder, Rename a Plan,
and Delete a Customer Folder or Plan. **Please note, the Delete a Customer
Folder or Plan means gone for good, gone from NCPDB, gone from your
computer, gone. Please use caution!
The caption below identifies the additional tools available with “advanced”
Toolkit permissions. These are found in the Folders Tab of Customer
Delete Folders or Plans
Rename a Customer Folder
With Toolkit SP-3, a new feature is available on the Folders Tab that allows users to rename the
The Rename Customer Folder feature allows you to rename the Customer/Business Name, the
Business ID, or both. The customer folder needs to be checked out before the feature can be
used to change the name of the customer file.
Note: You must have Toolkit All permissions to rename a folder. If you need this feature and
currently do not have this option on the Folders tab, contact your Toolkit Coordinator. User
permissions are maintained by state coordinators.
To access this feature, go to the Folders tab.
1. On the Folders tabs, highlight the customer that you wish to rename.
2. Click on the Rename Customer Folder button.
3. The following window will appear.
You may rename the Company/Business name, the Identify, or both.
4. Enter the new Company/Business name (if you wish to change it). Avoid using the
special characters identified on the Rename Customer Folder screen.
5. Enter the new business ID in the Identifier field (if you wish to change it).
6. Click OK.
7. Toolkit will change the name of (1) the customer folder on the NCPDB, and (2) the
Customer File on your local server.
Note: The Business ID must be unique within each county. Toolkit will provide a warning
notifying you to enter a different Business ID if the Business ID you