Service Repair Manual
350 and 350L EXCAVATOR
Model: 350 L EXCAVATOR 9DK
Configuration: 350, 350L TRACK-TYPE EXCAVATORS 9DK00301-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3306 ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
350 AND 350 L EXCAVATOR MACHINE SYSTEMS
Media Number -SENR6148-04
Publication Date -01/11/2004
Date Updated -12/03/2010
SMCS - 4170-076; 4170-077
Separate Track Assemblies
1. Put the machine on a flat level floor.
The grease in the track adjusting cylinder is under high pressure.
Grease coming out of the relief valve of the track adjuster, which is
under high pressure, can penetrate the body causing personal injury or
death. When loosening the tension on the track, loosen the relief valve
only one turn. Do not visually inspect the relief valve to see if grease is
being released from the track adjuster. Instead, watch the track to see if
it loosens. If the track does not loosen after opening the relief valve,
move the machine forward and backward to release the tension.
350, 350L TRACK-TYPE EXCAVATORS 9DK00301-UP (MACHINE) POWERED ...
2. Release the tension on the track. Loosen relief valve (1) only one turn. If the track does not
loosen after opening the relief valve, move the machine forward and backward until the tension is
3. Using Tooling (C), remove eight bolts (2) that hold two track shoes (3) located directly above
the master pin.
4. Fasten a hoist to each track shoe (3), and remove them from the track assembly. The weight of
each track shoe is 27 kg (60 lb).
5. Move the track assembly until the master pin is in a position between the center track carrier
roller and the rear track carrier roller.
NOTE: During removal of the master pin with Tooling (A), use a 5F-9455 Pilot Pin (4) to
replace the master pin. The 5F-9455 Pilot Pin is part of the 5P-2380 Master Pin Press
350, 350L TRACK-TYPE EXCA