Carrington Farm Homeowners Association
Design Standards and Covenant Clarifications
These Design Standards have been established by the Carrington Farm Homeowners Association Board
of Directors in order to create and maintain a community of high quality and visual harmony. Design
Standards govern the architectural control requests made by residents and are reviewed consistent with
the property standard. In the event of a conflict between the Declaration of Protective Covenants and the
Design Standards, the Declaration of Protective Covenants shall prevail.
Article V Section 2 - Owner’s Responsibility
Homeowners are responsible for the maintenance of the structure and the Lot, parking areas,
landscaping and other improvements thereon in a manner consistent with the community-wide standards.
The Carrington Farm Homeowners Association Board of Directors established the following standards.
1. The exterior of all structures will be periodically washed to remove/prevent the build-up of dirt and
2. Fences will periodically be washed to maintain a neat appearance.
3. Lawns will be mowed on a regular basis to provide a neat appearance and will be cut to a uniform
height consistent with the generally accepted height for the type of grass being grown.
4. Lawns will be edged on a regular basis along all curbs, driveways, walkways, tree wells and
5. All gardens will be weeded on a regular basis to remove undesirable weeds and/or grass.
6. Rear and side slopes will be landscaped where possible and maintained the same as the lawn
and/or garden. Either sufficient mulch of the owners choosing or plants should be used to avoid
erosion and cover slopes.
7. On slopes that are impractical to formally landscape, sufficient native vegetation