My typical day goes like this:
• Wake up time: 5-5:30 AM
• Workout (Run 3 miles): 5:30 – 6 AM
• Getting ready – 6 – 6:30 AM
• Get the kids ready 6:30 – 7:30 AM
• Drop kids off to daycare – 8:00 AM
• Commute to work 8:00 – 8:30 AM
I usually arrive to work around 8:30 AM. I’m currently a project lead working to close out a program where we’ve deliv-
ered all the deliverables. I work in a Space Encryption area and manage 5-10 people depending on the task.
First things to do when arrive at office (daily) – Check my email and schedule for the activities. There are always one-off
situations that happen on a specific day (meetings, customer visits, etc). I work an alternative schedule called a 9/80. So I
generally work 9 hours a day and get every other Friday off. My Friday classes generally fall on those Friday’s so there
is little to no impact of me being gone for Friday classes.
I eat my lunch at my desk and generally work through lunch to get out at a decent time. I try to squeeze in some studying.
I either try to read or review any information for the next class. I may work on presentations if necessary.
My detailed job activities vary from day to day. Since the MBA program is closing down, I follow up with my team on the
activities related to closing out a program. I schedule any meetings for closure of pending action items. In general, I’m al-
ways looking forward to class; I generally plan the necessary activities required for the next class. It depends on the tri-
mester, but for the third, we’ve planned to meet with our team twice a week (T-Th).
After work / Pre Class activities
• Commute from work between 5:30 – 6 PM
• MWF: Family time with husband and kids – 6:00 – 9:00 PM
• Study for assignments – 9 - 11:00 PM
• Sleep 11 PM
• Meet with team on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 6:30 – 8:30 PM.
Time for dinner maybe – generally bring a power bar to get me through the evening.
• Sleep 10 PM
• Class Every other Friday and Saturda