Service Repair Manual
330D2 and 330D2 L Excavator
Model: 330D2 EXCAVATOR EBP
Configuration: 330D2 L Excavator EBP00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7.1 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
326D2, 329D2 and 330D2 Excavators Machine Systems
Media Number -UENR6134-08
Publication Date -01/09/2018
Date Updated -12/09/2018
Travel Motor - Disassemble
SMCS - 4351-015
S/N - DTG1-UP
S/N - EBP1-UP
S/N - EX71-UP
S/N - FEX1-UP
S/N - HSP1-UP
S/N - JFG1-UP
S/N - KER1-UP
S/N - LJE1-UP
a. Remove the travel motor.
Reference: Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Travel Motor - Remove" in this manual.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Dealer Service
Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain
fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Thoroughly clean the outside of the travel motor prior to disassembly.
2. Fasten the travel motor to a suitable holding fixture in a vertical position. The weight of the
travel motor is 60 kg (132 lb).
3. Put an alignment mark across the head and the body of the travel motor for assembly
purposes. The head must be reinstalled in the head's original position on the body of the
Note: During the removal of head (2) from the body of the travel motor, be careful not to
scratch or damage the mating surfaces of the components.
4. Remove socket head bolts (1).
5. Remove head (2) from the body of the travel motor.