Bill Of Quantity (BOQ)
Bid specifications for provision of books and other library materials
American University of Sharjah Library
The AUS Library will award contracts for the provision of books and other library
materials based on vendor responses to this tender. These materials must be processed
to a “shelf-ready” condition and must be accompanied by an acceptable cataloging
record in an electronic format compatible with our library automation system – Innovative
Interfaces Millennium. Orders will be placed on a regular basis over the course of a
fiscal year – June 1st to May 31st. Shipments are to be sent by air freight in as
economical manner as possible. Payment for all items will be made on invoice for each
shipment as it is received, terms to be negotiated.
Section One – general questions
Please provide a brief answer to each question. Include enough specific detail to allow
an accurate assessment of your response.
1. Describe your system for establishing and maintaining a “profile” for suggested
acquisitions. Include a copy of any profiling worksheets or reports.
2. Describe your web-based selection and acquisitions services.
3. Describe the process of placing and maintaining standing orders. Include any
standard reports that are provided to track standing orders.
4. Our acquisitions and cataloging are done on the Innovative Millennium (III)
system. Please describe the specific services available, and your ability to
interface with that system, including the ordering process, loading of invoice
information, and provision and loading of MARC 21 records.
5. Describe your abilities and specific techniques to supply titles that are out of
6. Describe your ability to provide media items (DVDs, audio books, music CDs,
kits, etc.). Please provide details on sources for media that you may access if
you do not have requested items in-stock.
7. Describe your system to help prevent duplicate orders. If we ord