Page 1 of 2
Military Pay, Child Support and Alimony Payments, and Division of
Garnishment Operations. There are a lot of links on this site.
There are multiple links for child support issues.
• Fact Sheet on child support
• Reservists who have been mobilized and enforcement of child support orders
• Medical support from military personnel
• How to get child support from a retiree directly deposited into the custodial parent’s bank
There are multiple links for Uniform Services Former Spouse Protection Act issues:
• Fact sheet
• Attorney instructions for proper language in divorce, annulment and legal separation
• DoD forms to obtain pension amounts directly from the military and for direct deposit to
former spouse’s bank account
Fact sheet which explains how waiving a portion of the military retirement in order to receive
VA disability benefits is changing. In many states, when a spouse is awarded a percentage of the
military pension, this award is later defeated by converting the military retirement to VA
disability retirement. The fact sheet talks about changes in the law and a “phased in” program
which will permit a retiree to receive BOTH the military pension and a VA disability retirement.
Fact sheet which describes retirees who have waived a portion of their military retirement to
receive VA disability—who are receiving pay for a combat related disability. New laws increase
the total income and will have a positive affect on a spouse who has received a portion of the
military retirement as part of a property settlement.
Questions on military pay. You can link to current pay charts or previous years’ pay charts.
Also has links on tax information for military families
A interactive webs