To enquire about booking this course to help your sales organisation achieve better and more results send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The latest version of this course description and other available course can be found online
Account Planning - Course Description
Sales, Sales Support and Sales Management (advisable).
2 days (theory + practice) or 1 day (theory only).
List all accounts with 12 month revenue history; gain as much
business information as possible for each account.
Preferred prior training: Solution Sales.
The pressure upon salespeople to gain incremental revenue in highly competitive markets is
constant. A ‘scattergun’ approach to selling frequently ensues in the hope that a deal is occasionally
won. To overcome this, the course ensures a strategic, highly focused approach to managing
accounts and sales opportunities by implementing a best practice Account Planning process.
This Account Planning course helps participants to ensure a focus upon the most rewarding
accounts with the most efficient utilization of available resources.
• Account Managers better understand how to use Account Planning to achieve sales and
• Assist Account Managers to improve the quality of account plans - best practice account
planning becomes common practice
• Account action-plans defined during clinics (2 day course)
• Assist Account and Sales Managers to review account plans to:
o improve the quality and practical value of account plans
o use the account plan to uplift sales and further customer relationships
o develop action plans
o help drive up profitable revenues
• Review a best practice model account plan to turn best practice into common practice
• Initiate a quarterly review process by incorporating account planning into common business