Head Office: Response House, Queen Street North, Chesterfield S41 9AB
Tel: 01246 453322 Fax: 01246 453300 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All members of the Institute have demonstrated that they have relevant
Business Experience as part of our entry procedure.
WHAT IS BUSINESS EXPERIENCE?
For Business Advisers relevant Business Experience
means personal involvement in a wide range of
activities and various real-life business functions in a
positive and successful manner, including, for
Identified markets and undertaken market research.
• Devised and implemented marketing strategies and plans.
• Recognised and followed up sales opportunities.
• Negotiated with potential customers and securing orders.
• Located suppliers and negotiated prices and payment
• Organised production, distribution and supporting
• Devised and implemented quality control procedures.
Investigated and organised imports and/or exports.
• Recruited, trained, supervised and dismissed employees.
• Dealt with Income Tax, National Insurance and VAT
• Bought or leased property - and dealt with legal
• Met health and safety at work and environmental
• Understood Profit & Loss Accounts and Balance Sheets.
• Raised finance through overdrafts, loans, equity etc.
• Analysed costs, set prices and checked profit margins.
• Controlled cash flow and implemented credit control.
• Dealt with the legal aspects of running a business.
• Faced threats to the business and overcome them
• Managed growth and implemented strategic planning.
BENEFITS OF BUSINESS
relevant Business Experience
situation and show empathy.
• Apply a balanced judgement
of business risks.
• Diagnose underlying problems
and resolve them throug