1908 12th Avenue NW, Suite E Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401
(580) 226-3055 www.elmbrookhomes.com
This position must provide management for the Dietary Department, ensuring quality food. The Dietary Manager
will direct and assist the preparation and serving of regular meals and therapeutic diets, order food and supplies and
maintain area and equipment in sanitary condition, and assure the smooth operation with other nursing home
The Dietary Manager must be a graduate of an approved dietary manager’s course that meets the state and federal
care regulations. If not a graduate, the employee must be presently enrolled in a dietary manager course or be enrolled
within four months of the next approved dietary manager course. If an employee has not been certified by the Dietary
Manager Association but has completed the dietary manager course, they will qualify to have the job title of Dietary
Manager. An employee who is uncertified but currently enrolled in dietary manager course or is to be enrolled during
the next session, will carry the job title of Food Service Supervisor. A Diet Technician may also qualify for
placement as a Dietary Manager but will continue to have the job title of Diet Technician until all training is
completed. This position also:
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Must be in good mental and physical condition.
• Must possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and secure the cooperation of the dietary personnel.
• Must have basic knowledge of dietetic principles, food sanitation, and food service operation.
• Must be able to work productively with other department heads and personnel, and the dietary consultants.
• Must enjoy working with geriatric residents.
• Usually works forty (40) hours per week. Will vary, may include weekends.
The Dietary Manager stands and walks intermittently through out the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends,