MAXCOM REPORTS RESULTS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2010
Mexico City, April 28, 2010 . – Maxcom Telecomunicaciones, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Maxcom”, or “the
Company”) (NYSE: MXT) (BMV: MAXCOM CPO), one of the leading integrated telecommunications
companies in Mexico, today announced its unaudited financial and operating results for the quarter ended March
NOTE: The monetary amounts presented in these tables have been prepared in accordance with Mexican Financial Reporting Standards (“ NIF” or “ Mexican GAAP”). Figures are
expressed in millions of current Mexican Pesos.
Results | First Quarter 2010
Adj. EBITDA Margin
Net Income (Loss)
· Total company Revenue Generating Units or RGUs, increased 12% to 537,274 in 1Q10 compared to
the same period last year. The Company recorded RGU net additions of 23,689 during the quarter.
· Total company customer base increased by 6% to reach 235,482 customers.
· When compared to the same period last year, voice RGUs (formerly voice lines in service) increased by
4% to reach 379,642. Voice RGUs include residential voice, commercial voice, public telephony lines
and wholesale lines.
· Data residential RGUs increased by 87% to 68,202 in comparison to 36,468 in 1Q09.
· The number of coin operated public phones totaled 41,191 an increase of 9% in comparison to those in
· The total mobile RGU base totaled 47,106 units which is 10% less than the number registered in 1Q09.
· Pay TV number of RGUs reached 38,972 units doubling the number registered in 1Q09.
· Residential RGU per customer increased from 1.5 in 1Q09 to 1.7 in 1Q10.
· Commercial RGU per customer increased from 16.7 in 1Q09 to 18.4 in 1Q10.
Maxcom total rev