Bentonville Public School
Infant/Toddler Teacher for Childcare Enrichment Services Building Bridges Pro.
18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED
Experience in childcare
Provide a safe, stimulating, and educational environment for children
1. Maintain safe and sanitary classroom area and equipment.
2. Arrange classroom for optimum efficiency/usage.
3. Be aware of possible hazards.
4. Keep work and play areas neat and organized.
5. Update room decorations.
6. Keep closets and shelves in order. (Lock up hazardous materials.)
1. Follow the daily schedule of activities.
2. Keep an attendance record daily.
3. Prepare, serve, and clean-up snack.
4. Post necessary information for parents.
5. Maintain records of accidents and incidents.
6. Maintain phone log.
7. Note any special instructions from parents.
8. Organize work efficiently.
9. Report to the Site Director any problems with students, parents, or other staff; also any other
problems you may have.
1. Use positive approaches to help children behave appropriately.
2. Comfort children by touching, holding, or communicating.
3. Stop unsafe activities and redirect children toward safe play.
4. Talk and listen to children, even if they are too little to talk back.
5. Help supervise children during indoor and outdoor play.
6. Do not tell children they have to share but model sharing and praise sharing when you see it.
7. Do not tell children they must say “I’m sorry,” but tell children when you are sorry and praise their
concern for others’ feelings.
8. Provide care such as diapering, feeding, dressing, etc. in a relaxed, individual manner.
9. Conduct activities as directed by the Site Director.
10. Perform custodial duties such as dishwashing, laundry, and cleaning as instructed.
11. Never use physical punishment, hurt, or