Castrol Alpha SP
The Castrol AlphaTM SP gear oil range of high quality lubricants are based upon highly refined mineral
oil, enhanced with sulphur/phosphorus extreme pressure additive technology providing outstanding
thermal stability and high load carrying capacity.
The Alpha SP range is recommended for the lubrication of industrial gear boxes using forced
circulation or splash and oil bath lubrication. They may be used for the lubrication of spur and helical
gears and in some lightly loaded worm type gear applications.
They have very good viscosity characteristics to ensure that starting torques are not excessively high in
cold operating conditions. The additives are compatible with the ferrous and non-ferrous metals used
in industrial gear units.
The Alpha SP range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluropolymer seal materials.
Alpha SP is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CLP
The Alpha SP range meets the requirements of:
• DIN 51517 Part 3
• AGMA 9005 - D94
• US Steel 224
• David Brown Type E
• Hansen Transmissions
• Suitable for Müller Weingarten equipment
• ‘Clean gear’ additive technology ensures low deposit formation and enhanced filter life.
• Full Extreme Pressure (EP) performance* gives maximum protection of gears against wear and
• Good water separation and demulsification characteristics means reduced down time through
prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
• High protection against corrosion and wear resulting in less maintenance.
*ISO 220 grade achieved FZG >14 rating under a16.6./90(double speed) test conditions.
Castrol Alpha SP
04/14/2006, Global Version Number 1
Castrol, Alpha and the Castrol logo are trademarks of Castrol Limited, used under licence.
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information contained in this publication is accurate as of the date