Refined Coal Activities
Supplemental Compensation Plan
Employees, Contractors and Consultants of ADA-ES, Inc.
April 20, 2010
1. Establishment of the Plan . ADA-ES, Inc. (the “ Company ”), by action of the Compensation Committee of the Board of
Directors, hereby establishes this “Refined Coal Activities Supplemental Compensation Plan” (the “ Plan ”) for Company
employees, consultants and/or contractors, upon the terms and subject to the conditions set forth herein. The Plan shall be
administered by the Administrator (as defined herein).
2. Purpose of the Plan . The purpose of the Plan is to incent Company employees, consultants and contractors who are
actively involved with the Company’s Refined Coal Activities (as defined herein) to work for the success of such activities. In
order to promote this purpose, the Company hereby establishes the Plan under which it will make available a pool of funds (the
“ Incentive Pool ”) from which payments shall be made to designated participants in the Plan (“ Designated Participants ”) from
amounts received by the Company from Refined Coal Activities (as defined herein).
3. Definitions . Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in Exhibit A
4. Establishment of the Incentive Pool . The Incentive Pool shall consist of an amount equal to seven percent (7%), of the
Net Contribution Margin received by the Company from the Company’s Refined Coal Activities. The Net Contribution Margin
and Incentive Pool shall be calculated annually following the close of the Company’s fiscal year for such fiscal year, in
accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
5. Allocation and Payment of Incentive Pool Amounts : The Incentive Pool shall be allocated as follows:
Michael Durham, as Chief Executive Officer of the Company – 3% of the Net Contribution Margin or 42.86% of the
Other Participant(s) – 4% of the Net Contribution Margin or 57