Department 18 - Cultural Arts
Project Numbers 30101, 30102, 30103, 30121, 30131, 30141, 30301, 30302, 30303, 30304,
30305, 30310, 30311, 30331, 30340, 30341, 30351, 30401, 30601, 30701, 30702, 30703,
Superintendents: Carol Andrews, Mary Heiser
Entry Day – 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Thursday of the Fair
Judging Day – Thursday of the Fair
Judging Time – 1 p.m.-8 p.m., face to face judging only
Check Out – Exhibits will be released after 6:30 p.m. on Sunday
• Youth enrolled in 4-H, FFA, or other youth groups in a cultural arts project are eligible to
participate in this project.
• All articles must be the result of this year’s project by exhibitor.
• Only one article may be entered under a lot number.
• An original design is a project where the member did not use a purchased design to complete the
project. Pre-cut pieces purchased in separate quantities (example: frame, yarn, backing, thread)
and combined into a project are considered as original design.
• A kit is a project where the member purchased a design and materials in pre-packaged form and
assembled the pieces into a project. Kits that are entered must be labeled as such. Use a 3"x5"
Framed article must be wired for hanging. Drawings and paintings may be stapled if there is no
other way of hanging them. All articles should be appropriate, finished form, mounted or matted,
hemmed, etc. Framing optional.
• Ceramic and plaster craft items must be signed and dated.
• All posters no larger than 14"x 22"; scrapbooks 8 ½” x 11" or 12" x 12"
CLASS A – WRITTEN SPOKEN AND VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS - Speaking, Communications,
Creative Writing Projects or equivalent
1. A collection of two or more items that document how you planned your speech. These could include:
speech planning worksheet, list of references, speech outline, note cards, etc.
2. A poster of stress reduction tips and suggestions for dealing w