More information from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/706687/
Business Cards in Europe
As the consumer payment card markets in Europe reach maturity, issuers must look toward new
segments in order to maintain growth. The business card market is one such segment: potential
volumes are high and penetration remains low. This report examines the current and future size of
this market and identifies the key strategies needed to take advantage of this opportunity.
- The report provides data and analysis on the business card markets in France, Germany, Italy,
Spain, and the UK
- Market data for the business card segment and total commercial card market covers the period
2003-2012f and is segmented to the card scheme level
- Data for the business population in each country provides insight into the size of the addressable
market for issuers to target
- Analysis of current products and strategies highlights the factors that issuers and schemes must
consider if they are to succeed in this segment
Highlights of this title
The business climate has proved challenging in H2 2008 and the outlook for 2009 looks even more
challenging still as the European economies enter recession. However, the business card market
holds huge potential for issuers and schemes due to the high volume of paper-based transactions.
The small business sector, which represents around 9899% of all businesses, is an important driver
of economic growth and its development is supported by government. With low penetration of
cards, there is a large untapped market, which offers the potential to boost the card portfolios and
profitability of issuers.
Despite some differentiation, there is a high degree of symmetry between consumer and business
card products. In order to drive sustainable growth in this segment, much more needs to be done
to market business cards and create products that add value to business clients.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand the scale of the opportunity for issuers an