Into the Light
L ACK OF L OVE
Is there anyone against whom you hold a grudge?
Is there any person against whom you are harboring bitterness, resentment or
• Are there people whom you deliberately slight or discount?
• Do you have a complaining spirit?
• Are you irritable or cranky? Or impatient?
• Have you recently been harsh or unkind?
• Do you carry hidden anger?
• Do you speak unkindly concerning people when they are not present?
• Do you have a critical attitude toward any person, thing, or group?
• Are your statements mostly about “I”?
• Are you ever judgmental or self-righteous?
• Have you made a pretense of being something you are not?
• Do you have a stubborn or unteachable spirit?
• Do you insist on having your own way?
• Are you more concerned about what people will think than what will be
pleasing to God?
• Do you have any personal habits that are not pure?
• Do you listen to unwholesome radio, music, TV programs, or indulge in any
• Do you allow impure thoughts about sex to stay in your mind?
• Are you addicted to anything—food, television, pleasure, alcohol, drugs,
sports, internet, etc.?
• Are you in any way careless with your body?
• Have you recently lied, exaggerated, or embellished the truth?
• Have you followed through on your promises?
• Are you getting enough rest; and practicing a Sabbath?
Is your life marked by too much busyness?
S PIRITUAL A PATHY AND L AZINESS
Is there anything in which you have failed to put God first?
• Do you waste time or procrastinate?
• Do you do your work “with all your heart”?
• Are you unwilling to obey God fully?
• Do you neglect or give little time to daily personal prayer?
• Do you neglect God’s Word?
• Do you make every effort to gather whenever the body of Christ gathers for
teaching and worship?
• Are you being a faithful steward of your spiritual gift(s)?
• Are you honoring God with your finances?
• Do you wrestle with greed?
• Have you recently extended yourself in any way toward the poor, the