Prepared For Student:
Prepared By (Date):
Sheila (18 August 2009)
I have drafted a study plan and proposed some general direction ( da4 fang1
xiang4) below. I think to complete these proposed theme might take you 1-2 months,
depending on your availability to study online. As I explained to you during our first
lesson, I will send you the relevant document ‘unit’ one at a time, so that you don’t have
to digest too much too soon.
Take a look at the proposal below, we can always tweet it during our next lesson!
1. Solidify the foundation (pronunciation, use the ‘right’ word with the same pinyin)
2. Focus 50% on Business terms and usages, 50% on cultural and lifestyle related
3. Learn 160 new vocabularies related to the topics listed below
4. Be able to discuss the topics listed below with confidence and know how to use
the appropriate terms depending on the context.
Proposed General Study Direction ( xue2 xi2 de da4 fang1 xiang4)
1. IT/Software related business conversation (will require your contribution)
2. General trading business knowledge (business terms)
3. Doing business with Chinese people (cultural aspects, business etiquettes)
4. Food and wine (I know more about food, but I will do what I can with wine!)
5. News (discuss current affairs in Chinese)
1. Each study materials will focus on 2 of the study direction listed above
2. Each document will introduce around 20 new vocabularies
3. Include a short paragraph of reading material to train your ‘reading’ and ‘reading
out loud’ ability!
4. Each document will take about 1 – 2 hours lesson time to complete (depends on
how long you have each time, it could be 2-4 lessons, I guess)
5. Be very strict with your pronunciation!
Tip: Print this document for your own study and for making note during the lesson!
hóng pútáojiǔ shì yóu pútáo dài pí fājiào ér chéng