To outline the Holy Cross Hospital School of Radiologic Technology
(HCHSRT) policy regarding the dress code.
Uniforms must be worn at all times except during surgery and specials
rotations. Uniforms must conform to the exact navy blue scrub wear prescribed
by the school. Hospital scrub wear must be worn during surgery and specials
Labcoats- white full-length lab coats bearing the schools name on the upper left
chest must be worn at the following times:
• whenever the student leaves the department
• at all times with hospital scrubs outside of the operating room or specials
Solid white socks of cotton material only.
All uniforms must be properly laundered.
While in the operating room or during angiography rotations hospital, scrubs
will be worn by the student. When the student is not in these settings, they will
be expected to change back into their uniform. Hospital scrubs are not
permitted outside the hospital.
Polished white clinic shoes should be worn at all times. White athletic shoes of
leather with white rubber soles are permitted. The accent trim on the shoes must
be approved. These shoes should be used exclusively in the clinical setting.
Proper shoe care is mandatory.
Hair should be kept neat.
• Hair longer than collar length will be tied back.
• Beards and mustaches should be well trimmed.
Makeup should be worn conservatively.
Continued on next page
Dress Code continued
Excessive jewelry is not permitted.
• Engagement rings and wedding bands may be worn.
• Excluding the above ring combinations that may be worn together, only one
small ring per hand is permitted.
• No bracelets, ankle or wrist, are permitted.
• No necklaces are permitted.
• Only post type earrings are permitted and will not exceed the earlobe. No
dangling or hoop earrings are permitted.
Fingernails shall be trimmed and kept clean, finger