Service Repair Manual
C27 Industrial Engine
Product: INDUSTRIAL ENGINE
Model: C27 INDUSTRIAL ENGINE JFJ
Configuration: C27 Industrial Engine JFJ00001-UP
Disassembly and Assembly
C27 and C32 Engines
Media Number -M0074364-00
Publication Date -01/08/2015
Date Updated -13/09/2016
Inlet and Exhaust Valve Springs - Remove and Install
SMCS - 1108-010
Tool Part Number
Valve Spring Compressor
a. Remove the electronic unit injectors.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Note: Place the piston at the top of the compression stroke (TC). Remove the valve springs for
that cylinder. If the valves fall into the cylinder liner, then the cylinder head must be removed.
1. Position the No. 1 piston at the top center of the compression stroke. Refer to Testing and
Adjusting, "Finding Top Center Position for No. 1 Piston".
Personal injury can result from being struck by parts propelled by a
released spring force.
Make sure to wear all necessary protective equipment.
Follow the recommended procedure and use all recommended tooling to
release the spring force.
2. Install Tooling (A) in the electronic unit injector sleeve. Secure Tooling (A) with unit
injector clamp (1).
3. Tighten the full nut until valve spring keepers (3) are loose on valve (2).
4. Remove valve spring keepers (3) from the valve.
5. Carefully remove Tooling (A).
6. Remove valve rotator (4).
7. Remove outer valve spring (6) and inner valve spring (5) from the valve.
8. Remove washer (7) from the valve guide.
9. Use Tooling (B) to check the valve springs