Brake Pros - 3176 Airway Avenue - Costa Mesa, CA 92626 - Phone. 714-755-6688 - Fax. 714-540-5784 - www.brake-pros.com
AP3850C_ BMW M3 rear.doc
Page 1 of 2
Brake Pros/AP Racing Performance Brake System
Installation Instructions for Kit #AP3850C
BMW M3 REAR
Please read the instructions completely prior to installation.
1. Raise rear of vehicle and support with jack stands. (Refer to the
owner’s manual for proper jack points.) Be sure to block the
front wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
2. Remove rear wheels.
3. Remove the mounting bolts for the stock caliper and hang
caliper out of the way. Do not let it hang by the brake line.
4. Install the Brake Pros/AP Racing caliper onto the inboard side
of the spindle using the supplied caliper mounting bolts, it is
necessary to trim the dust shield around the edge of the
caliper. Torque to 86 ft/lbs. Brake line inlet hole should be
inboard and bleeder valves to the top of the caliper.
5. Disconnect end fitting of the stock rubber brake line from the
steel hard line and attach the new stainless steel brake line in
its place. Attach banjo end to caliper and tighten with banjo bolt
and two crush washers until snug. Be sure not to allow the
master cylinder to drain completely. Also do not allow the brake
fluid to touch the paint.
If equipped, the brake pad wear sensor will need to be
removed from the stock brake pad. It will not be re-used. Tie
wrap out of the way.
7. Repeat the procedure on the other side.
8. Bleed the brakes starting with the passenger side caliper first.
Bleed the outboard bleeder first. Check brake line fittings for
leaks. Retighten if necessary. (Note: the brake system may
need re-bleeding after initial road test if the pedal feels soft or
9. Recheck installation.
10. Install wheels. Important! Hand tighten the lug nuts, then
progressively in a crisscross pattern torque to wheel
manufacturers specifications. Check for wheel clearance by
rotating the wheel by hand. If a wheel spacer is being used to
provide clearance to t