NRPA Education and Training Needs Assessment Page 1 of 7
State Specific Results
January 31, 2008
In June 2007, I asked for your assistance in passing along the NRPA Training and Education Needs survey
to your members. The 2007 Training and Education Needs Survey was designed to determine the
• What was important to professionals in terms of their own education and training needs and how
their organization viewed what was important?
• What is the relative importance of education and training to be successful in ones position or
• What were the preferred means to deliver education and training?
• What factors influenced individual and organizational decisions on education and training
• What topics or subject areas are important to individual and organizational success?
The survey was launched on September 14, 2007 and closed on December 5, 2007. A total of 1688
responses were received. From NRPA resources, 11,300 professional members, 1800 prospective
members, and 1400 past members were asked to complete the survey. In addition, we asked the Council of
State Executive Directors to pass along information about the survey to their members. The estimated
response rate is below 10%, as it is impossible to know how many state association members received the
request to complete the survey.
Following this letter, you will find the results for your state. In addition, you should have been sent the
overall national results as a separate PDF attachment. The state results were compiled by Meredith
Bridgers. Please feel free to contact her if you have any questions about your results.
We plan to do further analysis and additional research to gain further insight on the training and education
needs of our members and professionals in the field of parks and recreation. It is likely that we will be
seeking your assistance on the future research.