1. At which two layers of the OSI model does a WAN operate? (Choose two.)
**Data Link Layer
2. Which three WAN devices can be found in the cloud? (Choose three.)
** ATM switches
**Frame Relay switches
3. Which networking device is typically used to concentrate the dialin and
dialout traffic of multiple users to and from a network?
** access server
Frame Relay switch
4. Which packetswitched WAN technology offers highbandwidth connectivity
capable of managing data, voice, and video all on the same infrastructure?
Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)
Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
5. Which three features are identified with Frame Relay connections? (Choose
6. Which WAN technology uses a fixed payload of 48 bytes and is transported
across both switched and permanent virtual circuits?
7. What are two advantages of an analog PSTN WAN connection? (Choose
** low cost
support for voice and video
8. What three terms are associated with ISDN PRI? (Choose three.)
** circuit switching
** data bearer channels
switched virtual circuits
** time-division multiplexing
9. What can cause a reduction in available bandwidth on a cable broadband
** number of subscribers
committed information rate
distance from the central office of the provider
10. What type of connectivity is established when VPNs are used from the
remote site to the private network?
dedicated Layer 2 links
11. A U.S. company requires a WAN connection used only to transfer sales data