Service Repair Manual
320D and 320D L Excavator
Model: 320D L EXCAVATOR KZF
Configuration: 320D & 320D L Excavators KZF00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C6.6 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
320D and 323D Excavators Machine Systems
Media Number -UENR0139-01
Publication Date -01/12/2011
Date Updated -08/12/2011
Final Drive - Disassemble
SMCS - 4050-015
Tool Part Number
Transmission Repair Stand
Adjustable Screw Assembly
a. Remove the final drive. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Final Drive - Remove".
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the disassembly procedure, the exterior of
the component should be thoroughly cleaned. This will prevent dirt from entering the
1. Put an alignment mark across the sections of the final drive for assembly purposes. The
parts must be reinstalled in the part's original locations.
2. Fasten the final drive to Tooling (A), as shown. The combined weight of the final drive and
final drive sprocket is approximately 312 kg (688 lb).
3. Remove bolts (1) and the washers that hold the cover in position.
4. Remove the setscrews from the cover. Fasten Tooling (B) and a suitable lifting device to
cover (2), as shown. The weight of cover (2) is approximately 32 kg (70 lb). Remove cover
5. Remove thrust plate (3) f