AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
This Agreement and Release (Agreement) is dated July 25, 2002 (Today), and is between William M.
Pastore, _____[address]_____, (you), and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, a Connecticut
corporation (the Company).
You and the Company intend to be legally bound by the Agreement, and are entering into it in reliance on
the promises made to each other in the Agreement. Under the Agreement, your employment will end, and you
and the Company agree to settle all issues concerning your employment and termination of employment. The
Company will pay you certain benefits described in this agreement. In turn, you are releasing legal claims against
1. Your Retirement Date. Your employment with the Company will end on April 30, 2003 (the
2. Your Promises to the Company.
a. Terms used in paragraph 2 are defined as follows:
(1) "CIGNA" means the Company, its parent CIGNA Corporation, and any other subsidiaries or affiliates
of the Company or CIGNA Corporation.
(2) “Confidential Information”means any knowledge, information or materials belonging to the Company or
the Division about their products, services, know-how, customers, business plans, or financial,
marketing, pricing, compensation and other proprietary matters, whether or not subject to trademark,
copyright, trade secret or other protection, that has been made known to you as a result of your
(3) "Division" means the CIGNA HealthCare Division.
b. Prior to your Retirement Date, you will return to CIGNA any CIGNA property that you now have (for
example: identification card, access card, office keys, company car, company manuals, records and files)
provided however you will not be required to return any office equipment or security equipment in your
home, rolodexes, personal diaries or correspondence and other items of a personal nature.
c. You agree that, other than i