CCNA Exploration 1: Network
Fundamentals – Chapter 7 Exam
01. Which three factors should be considered when implementing a Layer 2 protocol
in a network? (Choose three.)
the Layer 3 protocol selected
the geographic scope of the network
the PDU defined by the transport layer
the physical layer implementation
the number of hosts to be interconnected
Refer to the exhibit. Assuming that the
network in the exhibit is converged meaning the routing tables and ARP tables are
complete, which MAC address will Host A place in the destination address field of
Ethernet frames destined for www.server?
03. Which options are properties of contention-based media access for a shared
media? (Choose three.)
one station transmits at a time
devices must wait their turn
04. What is true concerning physical and logical topologies?
The logical topology is always the same as the physical topology.
Physical topologies are concerned with how a network transfers frames.
Physical signal paths are defined by Data Link layer protocols.
Logical topologies consist of virtual connections between nodes.
05. What determines the method of media access control? (Choose two.)
network layer addressing
intermediary device function
06. What is true regarding media access control? (Choose three.)
Ethernet utilizes CSMA/CD
defined as placement of data frames on the media
contention-based access is also known as deterministic
802.11 utilizes CSMA/CD
Data Link layer protocols define the rules for access to different media
controlled access contains data collisions
07. Which statements describe the logical token-passing topology? (Choose two.)
Network usage is on a first come, first serve basis.
Computers are allowed to transmit data only when they p