CLASS CODE: 150602
PAY GRADE: 19
UNIT: Excluded Professional
COMPUTER SYSTEMS SPECIALIST- RECORDER
Distinguishing Features Of The Class:
Under limited supervision, performs work of considerable difficulty in planning, organizing, and
maintaining computer/imaging systems for the Polk County Recorder’s Office. Provides
technical direction to the department by developing, coordinating, maintaining, and monitoring
the computerized systems. Determines objectives, analyzes changes/enhancements to
software and the impact on existing automated systems. Develops/implements
policies/procedures related to computerized information systems/work processes.
Installs/maintains Personal Computer based information systems including computer hardware,
software, supporting equipment, and network communications.
Illustrative Examples Of Work:
1. Serves as the computer system technical expert for the Recorder’s Office; coordinates
technology needs by identifying, installing, and maintaining microcomputer
software/hardware; recommends selection/purchase of new equipment; plans, schedules,
and coordinates computer projects; provides detailed information for timely ordering;
determines/writes user specifications for hardware/software; assists in
developing/maintaining standards associated with new systems/programs that are
2. Evaluates information system equipment/applications, and works with departmental
managers to identify modifications or additional needs relating to hardware/ software,
methods/procedures, and applications.
3. Assesses departmental business objectives, goals, issues, problems, and needs; identifies
equipment/software for solutions to user automation requirements.
4. Responds to requests from computer users/customers regarding hardware, software,
telecommunications, or network connectivity problems/questions; identifies problem and
implements efficient/effective solutions.
5. Performs daily system maintenance and back up for automated informa