Job Desc No:
POST TITLE: Grampian Basketball Partnership
SERVICE: Education & Recreation
LOCATION: Ellon Academy
REPORTS TO: Grampian Coaching Lead Officer
JOB PURPOSE AND WAY OF WORKING
The Grampian Basketball Partnership Development Officer will be responsible for the implementation and assisting
with the monitoring of an integrated basketball development plan across Grampian. The Basketball Development
Officer will unite all relevant stakeholders in basketball to deliver one coherent sports specific pathway (Long Term
Player Development Pathway) with a specific emphasis on building the capacity of appropriate sports clubs by
focusing on coach, official and volunteer development. This post will be responsible for increasing the number and
improving the performance of children and young people participating in basketball in (area).
Principal Working Contacts
Grampian Coaching Lead Officer and RGU:SPORT
basketballscotland staff, including Youth, Coach Education and Pathways Development Managers
Grampian Basketball Partnership
1. Lead Roll in preparing Grampian Partnership’s identified basketball development linking to the strategies of
basketballgrampian and Grampian Coaching.
2. Write a development programme for the Grampian Basketball Partnership in line with basketballgrampian and
basketballscotland’s strategic priorities, delivering an effective programme of participation activities.
3. Manage the delivery of the development plan, Work with Clubs, Schools and other Organisations to enhance,
develop and improve the current provision among young people.
4. Administrate expenditure and income associated with the Basketball budget.
5. Responsibility for the Health and Safety, including Risk Assessments at events and activities, Supervision o