How to: Disassemble and Reassemble
the arisaka rifle
1) Open the bolt stop as show in figure 1 and remove
2) Remove the two screws retaining the forward barrel
Page 1 of 12
3) Remove the stacking rod by unscrewing it.
4) Slide the barrel bands forward of stock.
5) You will not be able to remove the barrel bands
without removing the front sight. Just leave them
Page 2 of 12
6) Remove the screw on the rear barrel band.
7) Slide the rear barrel band forward.
8) Remove the handguard and set aside.
Page 3 of 12
9) Press on the magazine release button inside the
trigger guard and open the magazine cover.
10) Figure 10 shows the magazine cover opened.
11) Remove the forward trigger guard screw.
Page 4 of 12
12) Remove the middle trigger guard screw.
13) Remove the rear trigger guard screw.
14) Remove the barrel and receiver assembly from the
stock. Remove the separate receiver tang also and set
Page 5 of 12
15) Remove the trigger guard/magazine assembly
from the stock.
16) Figure 16 shows the cross pin in the top of the
trigger assembly be punched out.
17) Figure 17 shows the disassembled rifle.
Page 6 of 12
18) Figure 18 shows the trigger assembly with the
spring correctly installed.
19) I learned a trick to keep the trigger assembly in
place while reinstalling the cross pin, as shown in figure
20) Insert cross pin into the trigger assembly with
Page 7 of 12
21) Place receiver tang into stock as shown in figure 21.
22) Place barrel and receiver assembly back into the
rifle stock, resting on top of the receiver tang.
23) Place screw bushing back into front
trigger/magazine assembly retaining hole before
reinstalling trigger/magazine assembly.
Page 8 of 12
24) Replace magazine cover and install screws.
25) Tighten magazine cover screws.
26) Place the handguard back onto rifle.
Page 9 of 12
27) Replace the rear barrel band and screw .
28) Slide forward barrel band back over rifle stock.