MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET Finished Product.
SECTION 1 - CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE/PRODUCT AND COMPANY
• Finished Product Name: Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Self-Sharpening Eye Pencil
(95048995, 95048999, 95048994, 95049000, 95048998, 95048996, 95048997, 95048992,
• Company Identification:
The Procter & Gamble Company
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21030
Contact Information: Consumer Relations at 1-800-426-8374
• In case of medical emergencies, please contact your local poison control center.
• Transportation emergency (24 hour), contact:
CHEMTREC - Phone # 1-800-424-9300 (U.S. and Canada) or 1-703-527-3887 (for calls
• DATE: November 2007
SECTION 2 - HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
This is a personal care or cosmetic product that is safe for consumers and other users under
intended and reasonably foreseeable use. Additional information on toxicological endpoints is
available from the supplier upon request.
POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS:
• Eye: Not expected to be irritating to the eye.
• Skin: Not expected to be irritating, sensitizing, photoallergenic or phototoxic when used as
intended. If irritation occurs following intended use or prolonged contact it is expected to be
mild and transient.
• Inhalation: Not expected to be irritating to the respiratory system. Not volatile therefore
limited inhalation exposure anticipated.
• Ingestion: Product used as intended is not expected to cause gastrointestinal irritation.
Accidental ingestion of undiluted product may cause mild gastrointestinal irritation with
nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
SECTION 3 - COMPOSITION AND INGREDIENTS
The complete ingredient list for the finished product(s) is as follows:
PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ceresin, Beeswax, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Copernicia
Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Ascorbyl
Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, PEG-8, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben