1) What should a network administrator do first after receiving a call from a user
who cannot access the company web server?
Reboot the web server.
Replace the NIC of the computer.
Ask the user to log off and log on again.
* Ask the user what URL has been typed and what error message displays.
2) A customer called the cable company to report that the Internet connection is
unstable. After trying several configuration changes, the technician decided to
send the customer a new cable modem to try. What troubleshooting technique
does this represent?
3) Only one workstation on a particular network cannot reach the Internet. What
is the first troubleshooting step if the divide-and-conquer method is being used?
Check the NIC, and then check the cabling.
* Check the workstation TCP/IP configuration.
Test all cables, and then test layer by layer up the OSI model.
Attempt to Telnet, and then test layer by layer down the OSI model.
4) Which two troubleshooting techniques are suitable for both home networks
and large corporate networks? (Choose two.)
having a backup ISR
running network monitoring applications
* documenting the troubleshooting process
* keeping a record of system upgrades and software versions
keeping spare switches, routers, and other equipment available
5) Identify two physical-layer network problems. (Choose two.)
* hardware failure
devices not able to ping
* loose cable connections
device driver configuration
6) Which ipconfig command requests IP configuration from a DHCP server?
* ipconfig /renew
7) What command is used to determine the location of delay for a packet
traversing the Internet?
8) What command is used to determine if a DNS server is providing name
9) Which troubl