JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development is a member of the school’s administrative team reporting to the
Principal. The Director of Development is responsible for leading the School’s advancement
program as adopted by the school. The Director will also be responsible for developing and
maintaining active and productive relationships with the school’s public.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving,
endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other school-related solicitations.
• Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
• Develops and implements parent and class-based fundraising programs within the Annual
• Develops a comprehensive planned-giving program as the need becomes appropriate.
• Assists in the development and conduct of a feasibility study for Capital Campaign.
• Assists in the development and conduct of a Capital Campaign
School Council and Antonian Educational Foundation
• Works with the development committee, the educational foundation and the Principal to
develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
• Develops fundraising training for educational foundation trustees and other leadership
• Assumes responsibility for all development.
• Assists the educational foundation with recommending and researching potential new
Development Office Infrastructure
• Creates office systems to support all development projects and operations.
• Supervises donor and gift record-keeping.
• Coordinates development research activities.
• Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
• Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs.
• Manages and maintains the alumni databas