BEST Academy Case Manager/Job Developer
Sustainable South Bronx (SSBx), a not-for-profit environmental justice solutions organization located in The Bronx,
New York, is seeking a Case Manager/Job Developer, who will be responsible for the development of the job
readiness portion of SSBx’s job training programs. The Case Manager/Job Developer reports to the Director of
Bronx Environmental Stewardship Training (BEST) Academy.
The Case Manager/Job Developer’s duties include:
• Under general supervision, perform supervisory or administrative functions, including the supervision of a
Job Developer, overseeing work plan, goals, priorities, etc.
• Develops employment opportunities and relationships with employers through proactive solicitation,
visitation and use of other resources.
• Maintain a caseload level determined by BEST Academy Director
• Conduct group and individual counseling sessions with BEST students and alumni. Facilitate workshops.
• Provide vocational assessment to participants to assist in meeting employment requirements , skills and
abilities; Review job prospects and identify job goals.
• Maintain a regular dialogue with BEST Staff, BEST students, and BEST mentors to more effectively gauge
and address members' barriers.
• Reach out by phone, mail and email to clients who do not actively participate.
• Address a variety of personal issues that may act as barriers to employment, educational attainment, or the
achievement of personal goals. Perform crisis intervention (i.e. homelessness or domestic violence) when
• Refer participants to in-house services (i.e. mentoring, job development, training) and external resources,
and ensure that referrals are completed.
• Works with participants on employment preparation activities, such as editing draft resumes, mock
interviews and job coaching on issues such as networking, marketing oneself, communication and related
topics as appropriate.
• Conduct group sessions/classes on employment topics.
• Communicates with em