EDUCATION CHARTER INTERNATIONAL
Higher Education for Sustainable better livelihood
UNESCO Declaration of Higher Education for 21
UN Global Compact Ten principles in the area of Human
Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-Corruption
The summary of Declaration of Higher Education for sustainable better livelihood (HESBL)
1. Education serves as a powerful tool for moving nations, communities, and households toward a more
2. Centre of higher education (constituents) and NGOs have important role to play in Higher Education.
• Four major focus of HESBL
1. Affordable and quality accessibility of formal education to youth.
2. Restructuring the existing system of education to enable more people to come.
3. Develop and spread mass awareness for the importance of Higher Education.
Initiating efforts to bring more people to come forward from the society and work as cohesive force i.e.
• Action portfolio
1. To create community help centre for advocating HESBL
2. To develop innovative ways of collaborating among other constituents of the society for effective results.
3. To focus on both formal and non formal education of youth without sex discrimination
4. To facilitate communication and platform in all levels.
5. To appoint and expand Regional Sub chapters
6. To voice against commercialization of education institutes
• Major factor affecting Higher education
1. • good legislation and governance
2. • economic incentives
3. • overcoming corruption
4. • environmental protection
5. • human rights and security
6. • creating infrastructure—from transportation to financial pillars
7. • Social culture
8. • Present scenario
• The core missions of higher education [are] to
1. • Provide free flow of knowledge
2. • Provide strong base for livelihood
3. • Provide cultural strength
4. • Provide base to build nation of well educated people
• Higher Education builds capacity in civil society and di