Maybank Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions contained herein form part of the Terms and
Conditions relating to the Maybank Credit Card Agreement, and shall be
2. The Balance Transfer Programme is available to any Principal or Supplementary
Cardmember (the “Cardmember”) of a VISA or MasterCard Credit Card issued by
Maybank (the “Card”) whose card account (“Card Account”) is in good standing
as determined by Maybank.
3. The Cardmember may apply for the outstanding balance(s) to be transferred (the
“Balance Transfer”) from any credit card or credit line account(s) held with any
bank or financial institution in Singapore, other than Maybank, to the Card
4. The Cardmember is obliged to continue making payments to the credit card or
credit line account(s) until he/she has received confirmation that the relevant
account(s) has been successfully credited. Maybank shall not be liable for any
overdue payment or interest incurred.
5. Maybank has the absolute discretion to approve or decline any application and/or
determine the approved Balance Transfer amount without giving any reason
thereof, and Maybank’s decision is final.
6. tr’eats Points under the Maybank tr’eats Rewards Programme will not be
awarded for Balance Transfer(s).
7. Interest on the Balance Transfer(s) shall be calculated on a daily basis, based on
365-day year unless otherwise stated or agreed to by Maybank. Interest is
payable from the date Maybank approves the Balance Transfer application(s)
until the date the Balance Transfer(s) is paid in full.
8. Maybank reserves the right at its sole discretion to vary the interest rate
chargeable and the basis of interest calculation at any time.
9. Notwithstanding the date the Balance Transfer application(s) is approved, the
Balance Transfer payment due date is in accordance with the payment due date
of the Cardmember’s Card Account.
10. The Balance Transfer promotional interest rate is applicable only to the Balance
Transfer(s) and not to existing ou