Service Repair Manual
W330B MH Excavator
Product: WHEELED EXCAVATOR
Model: W330B WHEELED EXCAVATOR AME
Configuration: W330B MH Excavator AME00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3306 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
3304B and 3306B Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -SENR5598-09
Publication Date -01/01/2013
Date Updated -25/01/2013
Automatic Timing Advance - Remove
SMCS - 1272-011
Tool Part Number
Engine Turning Tool
Pump Impeller Puller
A. Remove the front housing. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Front Housing - Remove".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
1. Follow the procedure in Steps 3 and 4 in order to time the fuel injection pump when the
front cover is removed. Follow the procedure in Steps 6 and 7 in order to time the fuel
injection pump when the front cover is installed.
Note: The No. 1 piston should be at the top center position on the compression stroke at the
start of all timing procedures.
Note: The engine is seen from the flywheel end when the direction of the crankshaft
rotation is given.
2. Remove the electric starting motor and install Tool (A) .
3. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise until the "C" on the crankshaft gear and the "C" on
the camshaft gear are in alignment.
4. Remove two plugs and install Tool (B) in the flywheel housing. The large plug hole is for
5. To find the top center compression stroke for