Page 1 of 5
Wallingford Public Schools - HIGH SCHOOL COURSE OUTLINE
Course Title: Computer Repair
Course Number: A 7373
Department: Career and Technical Education
Grade(s): 10 - 12
Students will learn to install and maintain computer hardware and software systems. They will
learn to diagnose and repair components and functions and learn how to solve failures when
they occur. Students will have an opportunity to practice these skills in a series of hands-on lab
Required Instructional Materials
Desktop Pentium 4 Computers
Testing equipment – Multimedia Lab Kit
A+ Guide to Hardware Managing, Maintaining,
Troubleshooting (Thomson, 2004).
Lab manual – Hardware –Managing/ Maintaining Your PC
A+ Guide to Software Managing/Maintaining Your PC.
Approved by the Board
May 19, 2005
Mission Statement of the Curriculum Management Team
The mission of the Career and Technical Education Curriculum management Team is to ensure
that students, as a result of their experiences in K-12, will demonstrate transferable skills.
Knowledge, and attributes for successful life management, employment, career development,
post-secondary educational opportunities, and life long learning.
Enduring Understandings for the Course
• An impossible problem can be made possible by applying what you know.
• The process of elimination is crucial in diagnosing and repair of a PC.
• Self Discipline to read and write is crucial for success.
• Working in teams helps to diagnose and problem solve.
Page 2 of 5
1.0 Operating Systems
• An impossible problem can be made
possible by applying what you know.
• What functions does an operating system
• What distinguishes one operating system
• Are there more hardware or software