<p>Billy Fuccillo Jr. powers his own auto
• The son of mega-car dealer Billy Fuccillo is
opening dealerships and selling cars—his way.
Last week, the 23-year-old Fuccillo Jr. opened
his second dealership, Fuccillo Volkswagen in
• The franchise, located at 2242 Central Ave.
across the street from his father’s Fuccillo
Hyundai, is Fuccillo Jr.’s second dealership.
Last August, he opened Fuccillo Nissan of Clay,
near Syracuse. His company operates as BFJ
• As a youngster, Fuccillo Jr. spent many years
learning the trade while working at his father’s
dealerships. Today, Fuccillo Sr.’s Fuccillo
Automotive Group includes 26 stores in New
York and Florida with combined annual
revenue of almost $1 billion.
• He says his Nissan dealership, which is near
Syracuse, has been the automaker’s second-
highest U.S. performer for five of the 12
months it has been open. It mainly operates
with people who have never been in the car
business before. Fuccillo Jr. is applying that
same philosophy to his Volkswagen
• “Why would they go work for Enterprise-Rent-
A-Car when they could start at our company
for a lot more?” Fuccillo pondered during that
• His son, who crammed in quite a few
marketing, accounting and advertising
electives while attending Chapel Hill, made
that philosophy part of his business model.
• Related Article about Billy Fuccillo: