Diseased Gums Dramatically Raise Your Cancer and Health Risks
New information shows that gum disease is clearly related to cancer and heart disease according
to reliable research and that gum disease represents a public health concern. Gum disease is also
related to many other diseases including stroke, kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer and blood cell
cancers, and that the public needs to know that having their gums in good health is very
important to a body free of serious disease.
Encino, CA (PRWEB) November 19, 2009 -- Evidence is now clear that gum disease should be added to the list
of factors that increase your risk of cancer and heart disease. Dental patients with moderate forms of gum disease
have an overall 14% increased risk of developing cancer according to a recent British-American report. “People
who have been avoiding going to the dentist may want to give their avoidance a second thought,” stated Dr. Allan
Melnick on his web site www.FocusedCareDental.com.
It comes as no surprise that most people do not like going to the dentist. At best, most people just tolerate the
experience. In fact only about 40% of Americans see their dentist each year. That leaves 60% that only see the
dentist for pain or some other pressing problem. It must come as troubling news to those many people that are
avoiding their dental visits that they are increasing their risk not only of cancer, but also of many other serious
According to a recent research report in the highly respected journal Lancet Oncology, cancer risk increases
when gum disease is present. In addition, when gums disease is present, the risk of heart disease, lung disease,
diabetes, liver disease, blood diseases and brain diseases are also increased. With the latest findings there is
enough evidence now to add the risk of cancer to the long list of gum disease related illnesses.
The medical profession believed for hundreds of years that teeth were the cause of many diseases. It was felt that
the infected teeth and gums released p