EFD Business Transformation Agency September 2009
Enterprise Funds Distribution (EFD) was established as a key initiative to provide
improved visibility of funds distributed throughout the Department of Defense
(DoD) and to streamline and modernize the Office of the Undersecretary of
Defense (Comptroller) (OUSD(C)) funds distribution process. Funds distribution,
by its nature, is a key enabler of financial visibility within DoD-enterprise systems.
EFD will provide the OUSD(C) with an automated funds distribution system for
control and visibility of all appropriated fund program values at the Budget Line
Item level for the life of the program. It provides a web-based application for the
automated pre-planning, apportionment, reprogramming, rescission, continuing
resolution, congressional tracking, and reporting of appropriated funding program
values throughout the DoD.
The EFD system streamlines OUSD(C) core-funds distribution capabilities. EFD
provides the OUSD(C) with an automated funds-distribution system that will track
congressional action, create baselines (DD 1414), and produce funding
authorization and control documents for all DoD appropriations.
• Significantly improves OUSD(C) capability to control and distribute funds,
especially for Defense-wide appropriations
• Automates congressional reprogramming process
• Standardizes funds distribution process for all appropriations
• Provides electronic funding authorization document (FAD) production
• Automates funds distribution reports with particular emphasis on the DD1414
- Base for Reprogramming Actions, DD1415 - Reprogramming Action, and
DD1416 - Report of Programs
DBSAE – Enterprise Funds Distribution
EFD is a system of the Business
Transformation Agency’s Defense
Business Systems Acquisition
Executive (DBSAE) directorate.
The DBSAE is responsible for
driving the successful
implementation of DoD systems
and initiatives in support of the