Service Repair Manual
320, 320 L, 320 N
AND 320 S
Model: 320-A S EXCAVATOR 6KM
Configuration: 320, 320 L, 320 N AND 320 S EXCAVATORS 6KM00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3116 ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
446 and 446B Backhoe Loaders, Lexion 450 Combine, 3114 and 3116 Engines,
IT18F Integrated Toolcarrier, D6M Track-Type Tractor and 928F, 950F and 950G
Media Number -SENR3611-18
Publication Date -01/05/2009
Date Updated -27/05/2009
Fuel Transfer Pump - Install
SMCS - 1256-012
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Note: For information on reusability of the components in the fuel transfer pump, refer to
Guideline For Reusable Parts And Salvage Operations, SEBF8434, "3100 Governor Inspection
and General Information for Mechanical Governor Groups Used in 3114, 3116, and 3126 Engines
Equipped with Mechanical Unit Injectors (MUI)".
1. Lubricate fitting (10) and the bore with clean engine oil. Install the check valve and fitting
2. Inspect the condition of the O-ring seal. Replace the O-ring seal, if necessary. Install lower
O-ring seal (9).
3. Apply Tooling (A) on the face of lifter (8). Install sleeve assembly (7). Ensure that the flat
on the sleeve aligns with the flat in the bore of the housing.
4. Lubricate piston (5) with clean engine oil. Install piston (5) and spring (4).
5. Lubricate fitting (3) and the bore for the check valve with clean engine oil. Install the check
valve with the sealing face toward the f