CORPORATE COMPLIANCE POLICY
Virtua is dedicated to providing each patient and their family with an outstanding experience,
and to ensure the highest quality health care for the community. Virtua is committed to
conducting its business activities in full compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
regulations. Our Corporate Compliance Program has been established to ensure that each
employee has a clear understanding of his or her responsibility and acts accordingly. Each
employee has an obligation to know and to abide by the laws, rules, regulations, policies and
procedures that have specific application to our job.
Virtua's Corporate Compliance Program is intended to provide reasonable assurance that Virtua
conducts business activity in full compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
Each employee has a personal obligation to:
• Uphold Virtua's Vision, Mission and Values.
• Become familiar with Virtua's Code of Conduct (Code) (Section V) and how it pertains
to the laws and regulations, policies and procedures relative to each employee's job.
• Report known or suspected violation of the Code, law or regulation or any other Virtua
policy and practice using the chain of command.
• Participate in the investigation and provide solutions to prevent future occurrences of
Virtua Compliance Program Elements
Virtua developed and implemented the Corporate Compliance Program, which includes the
following elements as recommended by the Office of Inspector General's Compliance Program
Guidance for Hospitals.
1. Establish and maintain standards of conduct through the Code of Conduct. Code of
Conduct is updated, revised and distributed. (Section II)
2. Virtua has a Corporate Compliance Officer to oversee the day-to-day operations of the
Corporate Compliance Program and reports to the Audit/Compliance Committee of the
Virtua Board of Trustees on all compliance-related issues. (Section III and IV)
3. Develop and conduct training pr