● DVB-RCS is the only open, international standard for
satellite networks with two-way communication. 
● DVB-RCS is the only MF-TDMA technology supported by
multiple VSAT and hub system suppliers.
● DVB-RCS networks support interactive data, voice and
video concurrently, using advanced QoS mechanisms.
● DVB-RCS supports inter-operability between hubs and
VSATs of different suppliers. 
● DVB-RCS networks offer many value-added features and
optimizations for handling Internet Protocols.
● DVB-RCS network “total cost of ownership” is no more
(and often less!) than proprietary networks.
● DVB-RCS networking services are offered by a rapidly
growing number of teleports around the world.
● DVB-RCS technology allows for star and mesh topologies,
with 10,000's of VSATs per network. 
● DVB-RCS networks are more bandwidth efficient than
most proprietary VSAT networks. 
● STM is the leading global supplier of DVB-RCS networks.
 DVB-RCS standards are published by ETSI. Certifications are done by SatLabs.
 Value-added features may not be interoperable between different suppliers.
 Certain details for mesh networks have yet to be standardized by the DVB Project.
 Bandwidth efficiencies may vary based on actual traffic profiles.
STM Group, Inc. | 2 Faraday | Irvine, CA 92618, USA | T +1 949 273 6800 | FAX +1 949 273 6020
STM Norway AS | Vollsveien 21 | 1366 Lysaker, Norway | T +47 6753 5337 | FAX +47 6753 5335
The STM logo is a registered trademark of STM Group, Inc.
The DVB logo is a registered trademark of the DVB Project (www.DVB.org). SatLabs logo is a registered trademark of SatLabs (www.satlabs.org).
STM Group Inc. is solely responsible for this content.
The part of a ground terminal mounted at the antenna feed
that up-converts a block of frequencies and amplifies the
signal for transmission to the satellite.
BUC (Block Up-Converter)