Deming Public School District
Dance/Drill Team Coach
Principal or Designee
JOB GOALS: To provide leadership in helping each participating student achieve a
high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and
an increased level of self-esteem. To instruct student participants in Dance/Drill
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must
be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
Individual must have a coaching license or a coaching application with results from
the ASEP and NMAA to apply for their coaching license and a complete application on
1. Explains and demonstrates techniques and methods of regulating movements of
body to musical or rhythmic accompaniment.
2. Observes students during practice to detect and correct mistakes.
3. Choreographs and directs dance performance.
4. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating
movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in movement.
5. Drills pupils in execution of dance steps.
6. Plans physical education program to promote development of student's physical
attributes and social skills.
7. Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment.
8. Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
9. Organizes and conducts competitions and tournaments.
10. Selects, stores, orders, issues, and inventories equipment, materials, and supplies
used; keeps record of receipts and expenditures.
11. Confers with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problem.
12. Complies with all NMAA and Deming Public School District policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the duties and
responsibilities as stated in the primary