Belt Buckle Contest
1. Local Buck
2. Northern Buck
7. Out of State Buck
13. Carp (Most Landed)
B. Fee: $20.00
Must be paid prior to the taking of the animal.
1. Animals must be taken with a bow and arrow per Fish and Game rules.
2. Firearms or crossbows are not allowed.
D. The contest shall be from January 1st to December 31st.
E. Official Entry:
1. Animals are to be officially scored per CBH rules by at least two of the assigned
Salinas Bowmen. The three assigned Salinas Bowmen/CBH measurers are Mike
Deupser, Jim Cox and Kurt Vevoda.
2. You may choose the two measurers you want for your animal.
3. All animals will be measured at JCA, 28-D Quail Run Circle, Salinas, CA 93907
4. You will make an appointment with at least two of the measurers by calling them.
• Mike Deupser (831)214-1321
Jim Cox (831)769-0200
• Kurt Vevoda (831)214-2699
5. You may enter and pay at JCA or by contacting one of the assigned measurers.
6. A picture of the downed animal with the hunter and bow must be turned in within
60 days of harvest or at the measuring, whichever comes first.
7. A downed animal is no more than field dressed.
8. Pictures are to be mailed or taken to JCA.
9. Coyotes and bobcats must have picture with a tape measuring the length of the
animal from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail and must be readable.
10. California Elk and antelope take precedence over out of state and wild over
11. Carp will be counted at the club held shoots by Mike Deupser and tallied for most
shot for the year.
12. Local bucks are those taken in Zone A. All other zones in California are
13. All participants must be Salinas Bowmen.
14. Mike Deupser is the 2nd VP of the club and the final say for this contest.
15. Entries MUST be made IN-Person by filling out the form with one of the
designated measurers in item 4 above