CITY OF BEAVERTON
Perform various functions including general project management, coordination of multiple
partners for specific projects and the development of technical and performance standards.
Key Distinguishing Duties
The key distinguishing duties of the Project Manager are to manage all aspects of assigned
projects, coordinate the efforts of city staff associated with specific projects and provide
technical assistance in support of assigned projects.
Depending upon assignment, the incumbent may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties, which
are a representative sample of the level of work appropriate to this class.
1. Serve as a member of the Division management team. Evaluate performance and program
effectiveness and recommend action for improvement as necessary.
in division operational processes
including staff selection, budget
preparation/monitoring, policy/procedure development and implementation.
3. Develop work plans and project schedules for assigned projects that are assigned to city
staff and contractors. Provide project oversight and direction for work in progress to ensure
objectives are met. Prepare reports and recommendations as requested.
4. Facilitate pre-construction meetings and coordinate with City staff, contractors and utilities.
5. Coordinate and participate in construction project bid processes.
6. Design and prepare engineering construction plans. Prepare materials for public meetings.
7. Conduct field investigations to identify and resolve issues.
8. May perform right of way services and/or manage consultants hired to conduct these
9. Participate in the review of development and construction standards as requested. Provide
technical assistance as necessary to re-define processes and requirements. Serve as the
department representative on various committees related to project man