Professionals in environmental careers use scientific research and policy expertise to address global
and local ecological issues. Environmental careers include not only science but also careers in
government settings at all levels and in consulting firms and corporations. Environmentalists also
work for non-profit organizations. Writing, fund raising, program administration, education,
community organization, and scientific research are all skills used in environmental careers.
A number of environmental firms and agencies recruit through the Career Office including: GZA,
Geoenvironmental Inc., Malcolm Pirnie, Beals & Thomas, Black & Beateh, CDM, Parsons
Engineering Science, Metcalf & Eddy, and TRC Environmental.
Print Resources in the Career Development Ctr. Library
• Environmental Jobs for Scientists and Engineers
• Opportunities in Environmental Careers
• Massachusetts Environmental Industry/Education Resource Directory
• Peterson’s Job Opps: The Environment
• The Green Book: New England Environmental Resource Directory
• Economics of Environmental Management
• The New Complete Guide to Environmental Careers
Environmental Career Opportunities
A biweekly newspaper of current environmental job openings around the U.S.
Book listing U.S. organizations and agencies in the natural resources fields.
The New England Environmental Directory
Book listing all types of environmental companies in New England.
Career and Job Search Internet Resources
• Environmental Career Links - http://www.denison.edu/enviro/careers.shtm
• Department of Energy Labs and Facilities - http://www.energy.gov/
• Environmental Business Council of New England - Links to websites of member
organizations in New England - http://www.ebc-ne.org/
• EnviroExpo - Billed as "one of the largest, m