1. Which best describes the benefit of using Frame Relay as opposed to a leased line
or ISDN service?
• Customers can define their virtual circuit needs in far greater combinations, with
increments as small as 64 kbps.
Customers pay for an end-to-end connection that includes the local loop and the
• Customers only pay for the local loop and the bandwidth they purchase from the
Connecting new sites requires new lower cost circuit installations when compared to
ISDN dialup costs or adding additional
hardware for leased service.
2. What two methods does Frame Relay technology use to process frames that
contain errors? (Choose two.)
• Frame Relay services depend on the upper layer protocols to handle error recovery.
It requires the receiving device to request that the sender retransmit erroneous
FECN, BECN, and DE bits are set in the frames to minimize errors.
• The receiving device drops any frames that contain errors without notifying the
The frame relay switch notifies the sender that errors were detected.
3. What best describes the use of a data-link connection identifier (DLCI)?
local address identifying a destination router across a Frame Relay network
• locally significant address used to identify a virtual circuit
logical address identifying the interface between a router and a Frame Relay switch
logical address used to identify the DCE
4. What is created between two DTEs in a Frame Relay network?
limited access circuit
switched parallel circuit
• virtual circuit
ccna exams, ccna exam prep, ccna exam preparation, ccna exam
questions, ccna certification exam, ccna practice exam, ccna exam
question, ccna exam simulator, ccna practice exams, ccna exam