Service Repair Manual
320D2 and 320D2 L Excavator
S/N - TMF1-UP
S/N - WDJ1-UP
S/N - XAN1-UP
S/N - XBB1-UP
S/N - XCC1-UP
S/N - YEA1-UP
S/N - ZBD1-UP
S/N - ZCS1-UP
Tool Part Number
Transmission Repair Stand
Duo-Cone Seal Installer
Loctite C5-A Anti-Seize Lubricant
Loctite High Flex From-In-Place Gasket
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before assembly, all parts should be cleaned in
cleaning fluid. Allow the parts to air dry. Wiping cloths or rags should not be used to dry
parts. Lint may be deposited on the parts which may cause later trouble. Inspect all parts. If
any parts are worn or damaged, use new parts for replacement. All disassembly and all
assembly procedures must be performed on a clean work surface and in a clean hydraulic
area. Keep cleaned parts covered and protected at all times.
Note: O-rings, gaskets, and seals should always be replaced. A used O-ring may not have
the same sealing properties as a new O-ring. Use 1U-6396 O-Ring Assembly Compound
during the assembly procedure.
Note: Apply a light film of hydraulic oil to all components before assembly.
1. Install the final drive sprocket if the sprocket was removed from the main housing.
2. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Final Drive Sprocket - Remove and Install".
3. Apply Tooling (H) to the outer diameter of the bearings.
4. Install bearings (32) and (33) in main housing (18) with a suitable press.
5. Make sure that bearing (32) and bearing (33) contact the counter bore in the main housing.
6. Use the following procedure to preload the bearings and determine the correct thickness of
a. Fasten Tooling (D) and a suitable lifting device to main housing (18). Install the main